-->

dinsdag 5 oktober 2010

Who am I? That's a secret I'll never tell

But ofcourse I will tell you who I am, this is a phrase from Gossip Girl you hear in the beginning of every episode. I never thought I would watch Gossip Girl, since I'm not really a girly girl type, but I guess there is more to this series than rich boys and girls. But enough about that, because from this tv show you wont get to know me really.

I wrote my first song when I was 12 years old, I wrote it together with my younger sister who was 10 years old at that time. The song was called People need Somebody and I sang it at a singing contest called the Voice in 2004, to bad I did not go through the next round not even in the next years when I tried again.



I guess this is where it all started, I mean I did sing before I wrote my first song, but when I did I was so happy I knew I wanted to write even more. But it's not like I did not sing before I wrote my first song, my sister and I made music video at the Megafestatie in Utrecht in 2002. We had to pay for the music video and it was 10 euro, what was expensive at the time for two young girls. My sister got so mad at me when she heard I uploaded the video to youtube, but later she could laugh about it. 


Well its not perfect but its nice to see how much I've learned in the last years, and how much I have changed.

Since then I've been writing songs and whenever I got an opportunity to work with someone who could make music and record I made a new song.

And when I wanted to enter the Academy for Popculture I had to record a few songs to get into the school.
I needed three songs so I worked with three different people to get the three songs done in time.

I wrote this song when I broke up with a boyfriend, he was very upset when we broke up so thats why I wrote this song. I made the song together with Willem Deen.

I wrote this song when my first love broke up with me, I was very upset for a long time. I made this song with Bjorn Couwenberg.

I wrote this song for my current boyfriend, lyrics speak for themselves. I made this song together with Monique Bakvis and Pieter.

So I send this three songs to the Academy for Popculture and after that they invited me for an audition and I got accepted. And so I moved from Roosendaal (Noord-Brabant) tot Leeuwarden (Friesland) together with Dimtiri, my current boyfriend. Before I went to the Academy for Popculture I sang in a rock cover band called Sound Pollution, I was sad about leaving but it was to chase my dream to become a singer/songwriter. We made two demos and here is one of them.


I had a lot of doubts about chasing my dream to get into music, but I'm glad I did because making music is the thing I like the most. My artist name is Lovely Leonie, but since I think that is too long I made it Lleonie. lovely_leonie is my first email address and I still use it, it feels good to be the first lovely leonie, nowadays there are lots of lovely_leonie88 etc.


 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten